Custom software development FAQs
Based on various interactions and queries received from our clients, I have created the following list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
What is custom software development?
Custom software development is the process of designing a software that is specially developed for a group of users within an organization. It is built to address specific users’ requirements and is viewed as more effective than commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS).
Custom software vs. off-the-shelf software
Custom software is made especially for an organization, its target audience, and as per its business needs, whereas off-the-shelf-software is a readily available software in the market, which is not customized.
What is an example of a customized software?
Following are the some examples of customized software
- Scala’s back office software used by Hyaat International to acquire real-time access to each property’s financial data.
- Self-serve Kiosks at McDonald’s restaurant.
- Mobile app used by Airbnb.
- Uber mobile app.
- Mobile app used by food delivery company Zomato.
- E-Commerce application from Shopify.
How could my business benefit from custom software?
With creating a custom software:
- You can optimize your business processes rather than replacing them.
- You get ensured that all your activities and processes are properly addressed and automated exactly as per your requirements.
- You can analyse a wide range of important statistics and spot trends more effectively and with more accuracy, which saves time and money.
How much does software development cost?
The cost of creating a custom software totally depends on its complexity, the systems to be integrated and the support needed. Therefore, it’s not possible to estimate the development cost of custom software without knowing the requirement/SOW.
I have a legacy system. Can I retain it and integrate that with newer technologies?
In some cases, it is possible to do so. Our engineers will guide you by analysing the needs, scalability, and supportability of your older app and offer you appropriate recommendations. Integrating your existing application to a newer application also depends upon the level of access that we have to your older app’s fundamental functions.
How can I identify the right software stack for my requirements?
There are numerous factors that weigh into this decision including scalability, existing platforms, client’s infrastructure, data types, and so on. However, your primary decision should be based on your specific business needs and the set of features expected out of the application.
What are the basic steps involved in the creation of custom software for my business?
Following are the steps involved in the creation of a custom software development:
- At first, analyse your business’s needs and formulate the objectives of the custom software.
- Next, based on the results of the analysis, a custom software solution is designed.
- Once wireframes are approved and changes are agreed upon mutually, custom software is built with customer-approved milestones.
Do you provide support services after the custom software development is complete?
Yes, we provide technical support services to the software applications that we have developed for you. We can also develop your existing software product, if you wish to implement new features or integrate third-party services.
What is bespoke software development?
Bespoke software is also called custom-software or tailored software created for a specific user or a group of users within an organization. These software solutions are made and tailored entirely to the exact specifications of the client.
Who owns the software that you write for me?
Once your given project is completed, you own everything necessary to build, maintain, or extend the software such as executable files, scripts, project files, source code, etc.
How long does it takes to develop custom software?
The suitable time it takes to build up a custom software depends on its type and complexity. To know the exact time-frame to develop your software, you can consult our software development team or have a meeting with them, and we will get back to you with the answers.
About the Author
Sujoy Roy (Head – Digital Marketing ) From my teenage time, I had a quench to solve problems and loved leadership. Starting my career in relation management, ignited my passion for managing people. While managing I realized technology needs to be incorporated to keep pace with the changing world & do my work efficiently.